On Wednesday, June 21 at 5:00 – 6:00 pm, SOP staff will host a panel of winners to inspire and encourage our current scholarship applicants and the Peer Scholars mentees to achieve their scholarship goals.
This unique event provides opportunities for prospective scholarship applicants to learn about how the scholarship wins have influenced the students’ and faculty members’ career trajectories, to get the short- and long-term perspectives.
Student speakers will be speaking at 5:00 PM, while faculty speakers will be speaking at 5:30 PM. Light refreshments will be served.
- Daniela Estrada, Political Science ’17: Truman Scholar, Fulbright (English Teaching Assistant, Colombia), Peer Scholars Program Mentor
- Alexander Alvara, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering ’17: Fulbright (Study/Research, Canada), Peer Scholars Program Mentor
- Professor Emily Baum, History: Fulbright (Research, China)
- Professor Emeritus James Danziger, Political Science: Marshall Scholar (United Kingdom)
- Professor Franklin Dollar, Physics & Astronomy: NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Professor Keith Murphy, Anthropology: Fulbright (Research, Sweden)
- Chancellor’s Professor Rajagopalan Radhakrishnan, English: Fulbright (Teaching Fellow, India
- Professor A.J. Shaka, Chemistry: Rhodes Scholar (United Kingdom)