Drop-in Hours with the Student Advisors for Fall 2018:
- Darren De Leon: Weeks 1-10: Wednesdays from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Jeremy Bunda: Weeks 4-10: Mondays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Kimberly Zhang: Weeks 4-10: Fridays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Location: Science Library, 1st Floor in the Writing Center. Please check in at the front desk. Drop-in services are typically not offered during Finals Week, Welcome Week, Summer Session, or gap weeks between academic quarters.
One-on-One Advising Appointments (Year-Round):
Detailed, personalized advising is available by appointment only during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding campus holidays). Appointments are approximately 3 to 7 days in the future to allow staff time to carefully review your submission.
Please complete the following steps in order:
- Review Prestigious Scholarships, listed by application deadline. Click on links for details regarding eligibility and the selection process. Note scholarships for which you qualify based on class standing, citizenship status, GPA, subject area, etc. The listed scholarships are the only scholarships supported by SOP advising processes.
- Complete the Prospective Scholarship Winner Information Form, including your unofficial transcript(s) and a resume, so that the advising appointment can hone in on scholarships specific to you. If you are unable to submit the unofficial transcript(s) and resume via the form, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the online system to book a one-hour advising appointment with SOP staff or student advisors. You may also use this system to cancel or change your appointment time. If you are unable to locate an appointment time, please email email@example.com with SOP – Advising Appointments – Request in the subject line for further assistance.
*Tip: If you are making an appointment to view past winning applications, please note it in the appointment booking system under the “Reasons” box.
*Graduate students: The Scholarship Opportunities Program office serves undergraduate students. Please visit the Graduate Resource Center website to schedule a meeting with a fellowship advisor suited to your unique needs.